Duration: 0.9 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Combinatorial Chemistry
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The course introduces the use of combinatorial chemistry for drug discovery. It covers the requirements for performing combinatorial chemistry, the design and synthesis of combinatorial libraries, and molecular diversity analysis as applied to antibodies, peptides, nucleic acids, and small molecules.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Combinatorial Chemistry course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
3. Medicinal Chemistry
4. Combinatorial Chemistry
5. High-Throughput Screening
6. HTS Assays
7. uHTS Requirements
8. Progress Check
10. Selection and Diversity
11. Peptide Libraries
12. DNA Shuffling
13. Strategic Options
14. Molecular Diversity
15. Synthesis Strategies
16. Phage Display
17. Progress Check
19. Drug Pharmacophores
20. Library Design
21. Lead Optimization
23. Progress Check
Define the two technologies that now allow the creation of large combinatorial libraries of compounds
List the three functions that combinatorial chemistry brings to synthetic medicinal chemistry
Describe the difference between the three different types of assays with which combinatorial libraries are usually tested
Specify two of the features of an assay that allow it to be amenable to high-throughput screening
Explain the advantages of HTRF-based assays
Describe the three principal requirements needed to scale an assay to the level of uHTS
Define the difference between a diverse library and a focused or biased library
Calculate the number of combinations of molecules capable of being created from an n-mer peptide library
List three classes of proteins that have been 'improved' using DNA shuffling
Specify the strategic options available in the creation of a combinatorial library
Describe how molecular diversity can be obtained in protein, peptide, nucleic-acid or small-molecule libraries
Define and explain the two major strategies for synthesizing small-molecule libraries
List the nine steps involved in creating antibodies via phage display
Understand the key features of a drug pharmacophore
List some of the parameters involved in designing combinatorial drug libraries
Define the two major parameters in drug optimization that can benefit from drug design
Give two examples of drugs that can now be synthesized by solid-phase combinatorial synthesis
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.