Duration: 0.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 0.5
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS IS A FREE COURSE.
Enroll today and see why the BioPharma Institute is used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world.
Training Program: Circulating Tumor Cells as Biomarkers, An Abbreviated Course
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This abbreviated course is provided for free, and discusses using Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) as Biomarkers in Clinical Development. The topics include: Metastasis and Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs): Discussion of metastasis and how CTCs disseminate. Analysis of CTCs: How CTCs are captured and analyzed. CTCs as biomarkers: Predictive and prognostic characteristics. CTCs in oncology clinical studies: Discussion of several seminal scientific reports and implementation of CTCs in biomarker studies related to oncology drug development. And much more. Instructor: Dr. Alexander Kuklin. (October, 2010)
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Circulating Tumor Cells as Biomarkers, An Abbreviated Course course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs) as Biomarkers in Clinical Development and Healthcare
Objectives of the course
Non-hematopoietic malignancies are mostly characterized by invasion into other organs
Key Properties of Cancer Biomarkers
Assay is standardized, quantitative, and validated
Measurement can be obtained by non-invasive techniques (for CTCs analysis 10 mL of blood are drawn)
Biomarker stability can be maintained during shipping/storage/assay
Intra- and inter-observer variability should be minimal
Modulation of the biomarker correlates with clinical benefit
Serial monitoring is possible
Blood collection and centrifugation
Temporal profiles: patients with largest number of detectable CTCs at baseline
Definition of a biomarker
Learn about metastasis and how CTCs disseminate.
Learn how CTCs are captured and analyzed and used for their predictive and prognostic characteristics.
Discuss several seminal scientific reports and implementation of CTCs in biomarker studies related to oncology drug development.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.