Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Dementia: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Dementia is a progressive cognitive impairment that interferes with a person`s quality of life. This cognitive disturbance often causes significant social or occupational difficulties. There are many types of dementia, the most common form is Alzheimer`s disease. This course provides a background on dementia and focuses on Alzheimer`s disease.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Dementia: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
8. Normal Aging
9. Differentiating Dementia
10. DSM-IV Criteria
11. Progress Check
13. Alzheimer`s Neuropathology
14. Acetylcholine Shortage Hypothesis
15. The Tau Hypothesis
16. Genetics of Early-onset
17. Genetics of Late-onset
18. Diabetic Link
20. Other Dementias
21. Progress Check
23. Dementia Types
24. Contributory Risk Factors
25. Protective Factors
26. Progress Check
List the relevant brain regions in dementia and the components of higher cognitive functions.
Distinguish cortical and subcortical dementias.
Describe the differences between normal aging, mild cognitive impairment, and dementia.
List the molecules involved in the pathogenesis of AD and explain their significance.
Name the genetic factors associated with early-onset and late-onset AD.
Cite the prevalence and incidence rates for AD.
Describe the risk factors associated with AD.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.