Duration: 0.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 0.5
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Genetic Inheritance: Crossing Over during Meiosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
Crossing Over During Meiosis is one of the steps of genetic inheritance. The complexity of the process is such that it deserves its own course as part of the Genetic Inheritance series of courses. During fusion of an egg and sperm, there are millions of possible gene combinations that can occur, each of which affect the traits of the offspring. The Crossing Over During Meiosis course focuses on the details of this process, and uses Morgan's experiment on fruit flies as a template for the course material. A brief illustration of genetic mapping is also included in the course. On course completion, assessment is done through a multiple-choice examination with a pass mark of 80%. Enrollees are allowed to repeat the examination an unlimited number of times to attain the passing grade.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
With over two decades of experience in online training, the BioPharma Institute has grown to become one of the most respected names in the field. Our courses are tailormade to suit specific pharma, biotech, and healthcare fields, and are updated to include current data. We provide immediate access to the training material once enrollment is complete. Regardless of your organization training needs, we are able to customize training programs that are suited to your organization and employees while staying within your stipulated budget.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Genetic Inheritance: Crossing Over during Meiosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
To teach the details about crossing over during meiosis, and how the shuffling of genes within chromosomes are used to further increase genetic diversity. Learners will understand how crossing over works during meiosis, Morgan's fruit fly experiment, and how to use genetic mapping to find genes.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.