Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Glaucoma: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Glaucoma affects about 70 million people worldwide, over 6.7 million of whom are bilaterally blind. As the American population ages, the risk of developing glaucoma is rapidly increasing. Glaucoma is projected to affect 3.4 million people by the year 2020.
All glaucomas, whether narrow angle, open angle, or associated with systemic or ocular disease, are progressive optic neuropathies. This course discuses the epidemiology of the major types of glaucoma, the pathophysiology of open angle glaucomas without other known ocular or systemic disorders, angle closure glaucomas without other known ocular or systemic disorders, developmental or congenital glaucomas, and glaucomas associated with other ocular and systemic disorders (disorders of the retina, choroid, or vitreous, intraocular tumors, inflammation, steroid-induced disorders, trauma, hemorrhage, iatrogenic disorders, and postoperative disorders).
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Glaucoma: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Aqueous Production and Flow
6. Progress Check
8. Acute Angle Closure
9. Open Angle Glaucoma
10. Uveitic Glaucoma
11. Pigmentary Glaucoma
12. Plateau Iris
13. Pseudoexfoliation Glaucoma
14. Phacomorphic Glaucoma
15. Neovascular Glaucoma
16. Steroid-Induced Glaucoma
17. Progress Check
19. Epidemiology of Acute Angle Closure
20. Epidemiology of Open Angle Glaucoma
21. Progress Check
Review the normal physiology of the aqueous production.
Explain the origin of acute angle closure.
Identify normal patterns of aqueous flow.
Describe the mechanism of acute angle closure.
Describe theories of optic nerve damage in open angle glaucoma.
Name the cells that sustain damage in glaucoma.
Describe inflammatory glaucomas and identify diseases that predispose to uveitic or inflammatory glaucoma.
Describe the prevalence of angle closure and open angle glaucoma.
Discuss the epidemiology of angle closure and open angle glaucoma.
Identify risk factors associated with narrow angle and open angle glaucoma.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.