Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Glaucoma: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Glaucoma affects about 70 million people worldwide, over 6.7 million of whom are bilaterally blind. Glaucoma often remains undetected until significant optic nerve damage has occurred. There are very few symptoms to alert the physician to open angle glaucoma development and progression. This course covers the clinical presentation of and the diagnostic tests for the more common glaucomas: angle closure glaucoma, open angle glaucoma, and glaucomas associated with systemic disorders.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Glaucoma: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma
6. Open Angle Glaucoma
7. Other Glaucomas
8. Ocular Hypertension
9. Progress Check
11. Optic Nerve Evaluation
12. Visual Field Testing
13. Structural Imaging
14. Applanation Tonometry
17. Ultrasound Biomicroscopy
18. Progress Check
Differentiate between open angle glaucoma and narrow angle glaucoma.
Describe glaucomas associated with different systemic diseases.
List and describe diagnostic techniques used to evaluate glaucoma.
Discuss the use of these techniques to evaluate glaucoma in clinical practice.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.