Duration: 2 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 2
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Good Laboratory Practices.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Training Program: GLP: Microbiology and QC
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
This online course provides an introduction to the basic requirements and concepts of quality control for microbiological testing laboratories operating under good laboratory practice (GLP) guidelines. The course reviews an introduction to the requirements and basic concepts, discusses issues that laboratory auditors focus on, and specific regulatory requirements for pharmaceuticals, including guidelines and requirements for microbial limits for non-sterile products. Additionally, the course reviews the current laboratory guidelines published by the FDA and the TGA. This program covers basic microbiology, objectionable organisms, GLP requirements, waste disposal and housekeeping, materials flow, and a conclusion which summarizes the previously listed topics. Once all course requirements have been satisfied the student will have immediate access to a certificate of completion in PDF format.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
No matter if taking our pharmaceutical training programs as a new employee or as a refresher course, students will find our online learning solutions to be effective, comprehensive, and flexible. Our e-learning system comes with reinforcing learning supplements, such as voice-overs, progress checks, high-quality animations, and more, in order to assist our students in understanding the various learning concepts of the program.
At BioPharma Institute, we cater to individuals who are seeking an upgrade to their skills. Since 1997, we have been training employees from large corporations to small businesses. If you are looking for online training courses that are recognized across a wide range of biotech, healthcare, and pharma companies, we have the proven training methods that you can rely on.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The GLP: Microbiology and QC course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
2. Defining micro-organisms
4. Classifying bacteria
5. Counting difficulties
9. Sources and examples
12. Role of the laboratory
13. Sampling requirements
14. Overcoming issues
15. Lab system elements
16. Key media requirements
17. Culture collections
18. Biological indicators
19. Reporting results
20. Positive/Negative controls
21. Issues affecting validity
HOUSEKEEPING AND WASTE DISPOSAL
24. Risks of contamination
25. Entering/exiting the lab
26. Contaminated samples
30. Key attributes
--Identify different classes of micro-organisms.
--Describe and list typical objectionable organisms for different products.
--Describe the basic cGLP requirements for a microbiology laboratory.
--Follow correct procedures for safe disposal of cultures.
--Describe the flow of samples and materials through the laboratory.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If POs are required, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications could be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.