Duration: 0.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 0.5
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Heart Failure: Pharmacological Therapy
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Heart failure can be treated with a number of pharmacological therapies, including diuretics, aldosterone receptor antagonists, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, digitalis, vasodilators, and beta blockers . This course explains their uses and mechanisms of action.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Heart Failure: Pharmacological Therapy course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
PHARMACOLOGIC AGENTS I
5. Diuretic Mechanism
6. Diuretic Effects
7. Adrenergic Receptors
8. Adrenergic Receptor Stimulation
PHARMACOLOGIC AGENTS II
9. Chronic SNS Stimulation
10. Beta Blockers
11. Angiotensin II
12. ACE Inhibitors
13. ARB Mechanism
14. Use of ARB Therapy
17. Progress Check
19. Antiplatelet Agents and Anticoagulants
20. Antiarrhythmic Agents
21. Inotropic Agents
22. Calcium Channel Blockers
Describe the mechanisms of action and roles of diuretics, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, digitalis, and vasodilators.
Describe the types and locations of the adrenergic receptors related to heart failure.
Discuss how sympathetic nervous system stimulation of the receptors and signaling systems contributes to disease progression.
Identify drug therapies that are administered to heart failure patients in special circumstances.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.