Duration: 0.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 0.5
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Heart Failure: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Heart failure is a disease that has devastating medical and economic effects in the U.S. It is characterized by damage to the heart that prevents it from effectively pumping blood through the cardiovascular system. Heart damage may stem from one or more insults that reduce the oxygen supply to cardiac cells. These insults include coronary artery disease (CAD), which results in narrowed and hardened coronary vessels, myocardial infarction, cardiac valve disease, cardiomyopathy, and infection of the heart valves or muscle. Persistently elevated blood pressure, poor glycemic control in diabetic patients, and thyroid disease are also among the causes of heart failure.
Treatments for heart failure focus first on treating any identified causes of the disease and then on offering pharmacological and nonpharmacological options, including surgery, to slow its progression.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Heart Failure: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Compensatory Mechanisms
6. Sudden Cardiac Death and Arrhythmias
7. Progress Check
9. Sodium and Fluid Restriction
10. Rest and Exercise
11. Managing Underlying Disease
12. Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
13. Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
14. Total Artificial Heart (TAH)
15. Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
16. Cardiac Transplantation
17. Progress Check
Explain the cycle of compensatory mechanisms that leads to progression from mild to severe heart failure.
Describe the types of arrhythmias that can cause sudden cardiac death.
Explain why dietary and fluid restrictions, rest, and exercise are beneficial as therapies for heart failure.
Describe the management of hypertension and coronary artery disease as part of heart failure treatment.
Identify devices used for assisted circulation.
Describe the use of orthotopic cardiac transplantation.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.