Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: HIV and AIDS: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, is the virus that causes Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). HIV is a retrovirus, and is composed of a central core made of proteins and RNA, surrounded by an 'envelope' or membrane made of other proteins and fatty acids. This course presents basic scientific and medical background information about HIV diagnosis and clinical manifestations.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The HIV and AIDS: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Definition of an HIV Case
6. Stages 1, 2, and 3
7. Stage 4
9. Western Blot
10. HIV-1 and HIV-2 Markers
11. Viral Antigen Assay and Nucleic Acid Testing
12. Rate of Disease Progression
13. HIV Drug Resistance
14. Progress Check
16. CDC Classification
17. Opportunistic Infections
18. Neoplastic Disease
19. Metabolic Derangements
20. Pediatric Manifestations
21. Progress Check
List the stages of HIV infection.
Describe the clinical symptoms of AIDS.
Explain how the various tests used to diagnose HIV work.
Describe how HIV resistance occurs and is measured.
Review the CDC classification of HIV disease.
Describe the types of opportunistic infections that are common in HIV-infected patients.
List the neoplastic diseases that are seen in an AIDS patient.
Discuss the occurrence of metabolic disorders and retinopathy in AIDS patients.
Outline pediatric manifestations of HIV disease.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.