Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Hypertension: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Hypertension is a major global healthcare problem that causes or contributes to heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular diseases. This course explains the therapies used to treat and prevent hypertension and hypertension-related diseases.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Hypertension: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Consequences of Hypertension
6. Cardiovascular Disease
7. Peripheral Vascular Damage
11. Progress Check
13. Diet and Weight Modifications
14. Controlling Lipids
15. Other Lifestyle Changes
16. Progress Check
18. ACE Inhibitors
19. Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers
21. Beta Blockers
22. Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
23. Agents Affecting Alpha Receptors
24. Progress Check
26. Clinical Trials I
27. Clinical Trials II
28. JNC 7 Treatment Algorithm
29. Progress Check
Describe the role of hypertension in the etiology of atherosclerosis.
Describe the consequences of hypertension, including the risk for cardiovascular diseases.
Explain the clinical picture seen with nephropathy due to hypertension and to diabetes.
Describe the etiology and pathogenesis of end-organ damage directly due to hypertension and atherosclerotic plaque formation.
Identify the lifestyle modifications that reduce blood pressure.
Describe lipid profiles and their effects on risk for cardiovascular disease.
Explain the importance of exercise, stress reduction, and smoking cessation in cardiovascular health.
Identify comorbid conditions and the effects of antihypertensive therapies on them.
Explain the mechanisms of action and pharmacological effects of antihypertensive drugs.
Name the major clinical trials supporting the utility of antihypertensive therapy.
Describe the treatment algorithm recommended by the Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure (JNC 7).
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.