Duration: 0.9 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Microarray Informatics
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course focuses on the analysis of data derived from microarray experiments. The courses is divided into four sections that cover the fundamentals of microarrays, the stages of data collection and analysis, the informatics systems required to track and collate data, and the latest software packages.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Microarray Informatics course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Microarray Fundamentals
6. Expression Profiling (ESTs, SAGE, MPSS)
7. Types of Microarrays Experiments
8. Microarrays Limitations
9. Progress Check
11. Overview of Microarray Process
12. Image Analysis
15. Pattern Discovery
16. Biological Interpretation
17. Progress Check
19. Information Management Systems
20. LIMs and AIMs
21. Data Acquisition and Analysis Databases
22. Microarray Master Manager
23. Data Standards
24. Progress Check
26. Available Software
27. Example Dataset
List the different types of microarray technologies
Specify at least 5 different applications of microarrays
Explain how microarrays are used for gene expression profiling
List the limitations of microarray for gene expression profiling
Name 3 alternative technologies that can be used for gene expression
Specify the steps of microarray data analysis.
List the issues associated with microarray data analysis
Explain how normalization copes with experimental variability
Explain what filtering is and how it is should be properly used List different pattern discovery techniques such as clustering and Principal Component Analysis
Explain how biological interpretation is linked to pattern discovery.
List the different courses of a microarray informatics system
Distinguish between Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Analysis Information Management Systems (AIMS)
List the information contained in Data Acquisition and Analysis Databases
List various data standards
Understand how various software packages allow you to analyze data.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.