Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Myocardial Infarction: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Prolonged ischemic conditions (a decrease in blood supply to an organ) can lead to the death, or necrosis, of the affected tissue. When this occurs in the heart, it is called myocardial infarction, or heart attack. Whereas angina is a result of a reduced blood flow to the heart muscle, myocardial infarction occurs as a result of a sudden and complete interruption of blood supply to a portion of the heart. This course describes the standard therapies for treating angina and myocardial infarction.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Myocardial Infarction: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Angina Pectoris
6. Non-specific Symptoms of MI
7. Infarct Classification
8. Progress Check
10. General Approaches
11. Antiplatelet Agents
13. Thrombolytic Agents
14. Surgical Intervention
15. Progress Check
List the three forms of angina pectoris.
Describe the characteristics of angina.
List the types of myocardial infarction.
List two complications of myocardial infarction.
Explain the standard therapies used to treat coronary heart disease.
Describe the mechanism of action of anti-thrombotic drugs.
Describe the mechanism of action of thrombolytic drugs.
Define PTCA and CABG and explain how they are performed.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.