Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Neuropathic Pain: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The sensation of pain results from adverse physical or emotional experiences that cause actual or perceived tissue damage. The most common pain sensation, nociceptive pain, results from physical tissue damage, which is experienced through the nervous system. A second type of pain, neuropathic pain, stems from a malfunction in the central and/or peripheral nervous system. Because its source is internal, neuropathic pain may lack an obvious origin. This course explains how neuropathic pain is diagnosed.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Neuropathic Pain: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Clinical Examination
6. Pain Distribution and Type
7. Physical Signs
8. Pain Scales
9. Other Questionnaires
10. Progress Check
Identify four criteria (clinical presentation, patient history, physical history, and answers to pain scales) that physicians consider in diagnosing neuropathic pain.
Identify peripheral neuropathy, radiculopathy, and hemi-body as three major types of neuropathic pain distribution and describe these distributions.
Define two types of neuropathic pain that occur in response to stimuli, allodynia and hyperalgesia.
List numerical, visual, and verbal questionnaires as three common types of pain scales.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.