Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Central Nervous System: Histology
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The nervous system controls, organizes and communicates with the various tissues that make up an organism. It is the primary command center of the body. Every perception, be it taste, touch, smell, or sight is mediated through the nervous system, and every action begins with nervous system activation. The various components of the nervous system integrate sensory information gathered from the body and relay it to the brain, which ultimately determines the appropriate response. This course describes how individual nerve cells communicate with one another.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Central Nervous System: Histology course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Central Nervous System
6. Peripheral Nervous System
8. Neuronal Classification
9. Glial Cells
10. Progress Check
12. Action Potential
13. Structures at a Synapse
14. Synaptic Transmission
15. Criteria for Neurotransmitters
16. Classes of Neurotransmitters
17. Neurotransmitter Receptors
18. Ion Channel Coupled Receptors
19. G-protein Coupled Receptors
20. Agonists and Antagonists
21. Progress Check
Describe the anatomy of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
Describe how the central and peripheral nervous systems connect.
Describe the primary cell types in the nervous system.
Identify the structures of a neuron that give it unique properties.
List the three different types of neurons.
Identify the different types of glia and discuss their functions.
Describe how an action potential is generated.
Define a synapse and list its components.
Distinguish between electrical transmission and chemical transmission.
List the major neurotransmitters.
Describe the two types of neurotransmitter receptors and their functions.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.