Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. There has been a rapid increase in the incidence of lung cancer since the 1930s. The association between cigarette smoking and lung cancer was first proposed in 1941, and has been substantiated with epidemiological studies. Thus, as the numbers of cigarette-smoking individuals in a given population rises and falls, so do the rates of lung cancer. Lung cancer can be classified as either small cell lung cancer (SCLC) or non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), based on the characteristics of the disease and its response to treatment. This course presents scientific information and statistics about non-small cell lung cancer and NSCLC classifications.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Lung Anatomy
7. Molecular Basis
8. Tumor Growth and Metastasis
10. Progress Check
13. Risk Factors
14. Progress Check
Describe lung anatomy.
Explain the pathology of lung cancer and possible molecular mechanisms for its development.
List the different types of lung cancer and the subclassifications of NSCLC.
Discuss the worldwide incidence of lung cancer.
List U.S. lung cancer mortality statistics based on gender and ethnicity.
Describe risk factors for the development of lung cancer.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.