Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Respiratory System: Physiology
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The function of the respiratory system is to deliver necessary oxygen to the body and remove carbon dioxide and other waste products from the tissues. This course covers the mechanisms of ventilation as well as internal and external respiration. In addition, the neurological regulation of respiration will be discussed.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Respiratory System: Physiology course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
THE RESPIRATORY CYCLE
6. External Respiration
7. Internal Transport
8. Internal Respiration
9. Progress Check
REGULATION OF RESPIRATION
11. Neurochemical Control
12. Bronchial Muscle Tone
13. Progress Check
Describe the four stages of respiration.
List the primary muscles that mediate ventilation.
Discuss the role of diffusion in external respiration.
Describe the organization of the pulmonary and systemic circulatory systems.
Explain the function of hemoglobin in transporting oxygen through the blood.
Describe how blood pH is related to the carbon dioxide level.
Describe the location and function of the respiratory center.
List the four receptor types that convey information to the respiratory center.
Describe the significant differences between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Discuss bronchodilation and bronchoconstriction and the way in which the nervous system controls these processes.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.