Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Schizophrenia: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Psychotic disorders are very serious, debilitating diseases characterized by the disintegration and disruption of adaptive behavior and a loss of contact with reality. Schizophrenia is a psychiatric illness that has been much more thoroughly researched than other disorders. It involves a decline in functioning and hallucinations, delusions, and/or disturbed thought processes with symptoms persisting at least six months. This course will review the prognosis and treatment of schizophrenia.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Schizophrenia: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Development Phases
6. Disease Course
7. Progress Check
9. Typical Antipsychotics
10. Atypical Antipsychotics
11. Progress Check
13. Psychosocial Treatments
14. Progress Check
Describe the connection between progression of the illness and time of onset of schizophrenia.
Explain the diverse types of onset and various courses the disease can take.
Describe the premorbid and prodromal stages of schizophrenia.
Explain the pathophysiology of schizophrenia.
Explain the subtypes of typical and atypical antipsychotic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
List the side effects of these pharmacologic agents.
Understand the diverse psychosocial interventions for schizophrenia.
Explain the goals and benefits of each type of intervention.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.