Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Stroke: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Stroke is the sudden onset of neurological symptoms caused by cerebral ischemia (ischemic stroke) or hemorrhage (hemorrhagic stroke). The symptoms include sudden numbness or weakness (usually on one side of the body), visual impairment, loss of balance or coordination, and difficulty speaking or comprehending speech. This course discusses prognoses for the different types of stroke, and the treatment options available to patients.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Stroke: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Stroke
6. Risk Factors and Recurrence
7. Assessment of Disability
8. Motor Dysfunction
9. Mood Disorders
10. Cognitive Dysfunction and Vascular Dementia
11. Progress Check
13. Determinants of Damage
14. Antiplatelet Agents
15. Neuroprotective Agents
16. After-Stroke Monitoring
17. Cerebral Herniation
18. Stroke Prevention
19. Levels of Stenosis
20. Assessing the Degree of Stenosis
21. Criteria and Methods for Treating Aneurysms
22. Case Studies
23. Progress Check
Name the common consequences of stroke and ways to assess them.
Distinguish symptoms of depression and cognitive decline.
Describe the basic evaluation and diagnosis of vascular dementia.
List 5 exclusion criteria for intravenous thrombolysis.
List 3 neurological and 3 non-neurological causes of deterioration after the initial stroke.
Explain the rationale for using different antiplatelet agents.
Know when invasive treatment for carotid stenosis is indicated.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.