Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Thrombosis and Thromboembolism: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The formation of clots at sites where they are not required to prevent blood loss leads to obstruction of the affected blood vessels and is called thrombosis. A piece of detached thrombus lodging in a vessel distant from the site of its formation is called an embolus. This course presents the stages of thromboembolic diseases and the currently available treatments.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Thrombosis and Thromboembolism: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Venous Thromboembolism
7. Progress Check
9. Antiplatelet Agents
10. Acetylsalicylic Acid and GPIIb/IIIa Blocker Effects
11. Anticoagulant Drugs
12. Comparative Analysis and New Drugs
14. VTE Prophylaxis
15. Treatment of Acute DVT
16. Stroke Prophylaxis in AF
17. Progress Check
Describe the prognosis for deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Describe the relationship between atrial fibrillation and stroke.
Describe the prognosis for patients with atrial fibrillation-induced thromboembolism.
Describe the intent of treatment and list the treatment options for acute and chronic DVT.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of drugs used to treat venous thromboembolism.
Describe nonpharmacological methods of thromboprophylaxis and their restrictions.
List thromboprophylactic procedures suitable for patients undergoing general surgery and orthopedic surgery.
.Discuss the action of direct thrombin inhibitors currently in development and their possible advantages.
Describe the major clinical trials of direct thrombin inhibitors used for thromboprophylaxis.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.