Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The cardiovascular system is a complex transportation system responsible for the pickup and delivery of nutrients, wastes, enzymes, hormones, and respiratory gases, and the distribution of body heat. As well as ensuring the survival of individual cells, this system provides a means of communication between different tissues that must work together to ensure proper functioning of the body. This course discusses normal cardiac physiology and factors that affect blood pressure.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Physiology of the Cardiovascular System course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
NORMAL CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGY
5. Mechanical Events in the Cardiac Cycle
6. Cardiac Conduction
8. Heart Rate
9. Stroke Volume
10. Cardiac Output Measures
11. Progress Check
15. Influential Factors
16. Autonomic Regulation
17. Adrenergic Receptors
18. Atrial Natriuretic Factor
19. The RRA System
20. Angiotensin I and II
21. Progress Check
Differentiate between atrial and ventricular systole and diastole.
Describe the progression of electrical events in the cardiac cycle.
Describe factors influencing cardiac output.
Define blood pressure and how it is measured. Identify the factors that determine blood pressure.
Describe how the body regulates blood pressure.
Identify the components of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and state the origin of each.
Describe the feedback process by which the body regulates blood pressure levels.
Describe the role of the autonomic nervous system and of atrial natriuretic factor on blood pressure regulation.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.