Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) leads to dysfunction of the central retina. As the primary cause of visual disability among adults in Western societies, it affects not only patients, but also physicians, caregivers, and society. This course covers the treatment options for the wet and dry forms of AMD, discusses the complications of AMD, and describes preventive measures and currently approved treatment options.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Age-Related Macular Degeneration: Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Dry AMD: Prognosis
6. Wet AMD: Prognosis
7. Progress Check
11. Progress Check
13. Thermal Photocoagulation
14. Photodynamic Therapy
15. VEGF Inhibitors
17. Bevacizumab and Ranibizumab
18. Length and Efficacy of Treatment
19. Wet AMD: Combined Therapy
20. Wet AMD: Surgical Options
21. Progress Check
Describe the most common complications associated with AMD
Understand the prognosis of wet AMD if left untreated
Explain the role of vitamins in AMD
List current treatment modalities for wet AMD
Understand how the treatments for wet AMD work
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.