Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bacteria: Bacterial Infection
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. This course explores how bacteria infect the human body. In order for infection to be successful, these microorganisms must first invade, and then successfully multiply within human tissues. Once infected by bacteria, human tissue can become severely compromised, and the overall function of the body is impaired. Almost every tissue in the human body is known to be susceptible to bacterial infection.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Bacteria: Bacterial Infection course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Communicable Diseases
6. Portals of Exit
7. Contact Transmission
8. Vehicle and Airborne Transmission
9. Vector Transmission
10. Portals of Entry
11. Progress Check
MANIFESTATIONS AND CATEGORIZATION I
13. Local and Systemic Manifestations
14. Dehydration and Hypotension
16. Septic Shock
MANIFESTATIONS AND CATEGORIZATION II
18. Cardiovascular and Renal Symptoms
19. Primary, Secondary, and Super-Infection
20. Opportunistic Infections
21. Nosocomial and Community-Acquired
22. Progress Check
ORGAN-SPECIFIC INFECTIONS I
24. Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
25. Intra-abdominal Infections
26. Female Reproductive Infections
27. Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
ORGAN-SPECIFIC INFECTIONS II
28. Skin Infections
29. Bone Infections
30. Pia Mater and Arachnoid Mater
31. Progress Check
Define a portal of exit.
List the four methods of bacterial transmission.
Define a portal of entry.
Describe the most common systemic manifestations of bacterial infection.
Define `bacteremia` and `septicemia.`
Distinguish among various categories of infections, such as `opportunistic` versus `nosocomial.`
List types of common infectious diseases that strike specific organs.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.