Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Bipolar Disorder: Cause
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. An incurable mental illness, bipolar disorder (previously called manic-depression) produces episodes of major depression alternating with episodes of mania. Patients experience alterations in mood, behavior, and cognition. Moreover, other aspects of brain functioning, such as sensory perception, appetite, or sleep-wake cycle regulation become altered. In this course, you will become familiar with the causes of bipolar disorder and its prevalence in society.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Bipolar Disorder: Cause course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Prevalence of Bipolar Disorders
6. Progress Check
8. Biological Risk Factors
9. Other Risk Factors
10. Progress Check
13. The Neurotransmitter Theory
14. The Kindling Model
15. Progress Check
Review the prevalence of bipolar disorder.
Understand the differential prevalence between bipolar I and bipolar II disorders.
Understand why some experts believe the prevalence of bipolar disorder is underestimated.
Review the age of onset and what factors influence this age.
Understand the biological risk factors associated with bipolar disorder.
Understand other (non-biological) risk factors that may influence the development of bipolar disorder.
Explain the role of neurotransmitters in the pathogenesis of bipolar disorder.
Understand the neurotransmitter theory of bipolar disorder.
Describe the kindling model of bipolar disorder.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.