Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Dementia: Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Dementia is a progressive cognitive impairment that interferes with a person`s quality of life. This cognitive disturbance often causes significant social or occupational difficulties. There are many types of dementia, the most common form is Alzheimer`s disease. This course presents the methods used to evaluate cognitive function as well as differential diagnoses for dementia.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Dementia: Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
6. DSM-IV Criteria
7. Case Study
8. The Role of Family and Friends
9. Progress Check
11. General Exam
12. Mini-Mental State Examination
13. 3MS and Abbreviated MMSE
14. Clock-Drawing Test
15. Neuropsychological Testing
16. Differential Diagnosis
17. Progress Check
19. Routine Lab Tests
20. Genetic Testing
21. Progress Check
23. CT Scans
24. MRI Scans
25. Functional Imaging
26. Progress Check
28. The Ideal Scale
29. Cognitive Assessment Scales
30. Global and Behavioral Assessment Scales
31. Progress Check
List the basic steps in evaluating a patient with cognitive problems.
Describe the role of social support in the diagnosis of dementia.
Describe a general physical examination.
Discuss the various mental and cognitive exams used for diagnosing dementia.
List the tests used to assess treatable causes of cognitive impairment.
Name the mutated genes that are likely involved in certain types of dementia.
Discuss the imaging methods used to help diagnose dementia.
Explain the significance of brain biopsy.
Describe what a dementia scale should accomplish.
Name the three most common scales used for assessing cognitive function.
Discuss the significance of behavioral assessment.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.