Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Depression (MDD): Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The diagnosis for depression is termed Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) and is one of the most prevalent mental illnesses, affecting an estimated 17% of the world population at some point in their lifetime. A heterogeneous and complicated mood disorder, depression can wreak havoc on an individual and, in the most tragic cases, can culminate in suicide. The treatment options for MDD are discussed in this course.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Depression (MDD): Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Pharmacological Summary
6. Tricyclic Antidepressants
7. Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
9. Progress Check
11. Electroconvulsive Shock Treatment
13. Progress Check
15. Associated Complications
16. Associated Comorbid Conditions
17. Progress Check
List and describe the main classes of drugs used in the treatment of MDD. Explain the mechanism of actions for each pharmacological agent presented. Summarize the underlying mechanism, indications and contraindications, and side effects of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Summarize the underlying mechanism, indications and contraindications, and side effects of vagal nerve stimulation (VNS). Discuss the role of psychotherapy in the treatment of MDD. Discuss the complications associated with the progression of MDD. List the comorbid disorders commonly seen in patients with MDD.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.