Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Average Learning Time: ~90 minutes.
Additional Resources: Supplemental materials/activities.
Accredited Program: 1.5 CPD Credits.
Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Accessibility: 24/7 access to all program materials.
Catalog: Clinical Trials Management and Monitoring.
Demonstration: See free trial enrollment courses.
Final Assessment: Multiple choice; unlimited attempts.
Certificate: PDF with validation code (See sample).
PRICE: USD $175.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Clinical Trial Monitoring: Site Evaluation and Set-up
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
The sponsor of a clinical trial needs to reach agreement with clinical investigators to conduct the trial. The suitability of investigators and their institutional sites, typically hospitals, has to be evaluated, and the trial has to be set up at each site. This module describes the processes involved, focusing particularly on the role of a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) employed or contracted by the sponsor to monitor the trial.
The purpose of investigational site evaluation and set-up is to ensure that the site has access to the required patient population, has appropriately qualified, trained and committed staff with adequate time and facilities, and that it is fully prepared for the safe and successful conduct of the clinical trial. In this module we set out the criteria, procedures and documentation for evaluating a site and setting up a trial there.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 90-day/3-month period (180 day/6-month period for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Biopharma Institute's online training programs include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. Once all training requirements have been satisfied a certification of training has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique certification ID code. The certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion. Professional certification programs additionally include a digital badge to verify training, and can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
Sets out the module's scope, objectives and notes on terminology.
Investigational site qualification
Each candidate investigational site needs to be assessed for its suitability for the trial. A CRA and/or other representatives of the sponsor will typically visit the site to discuss the trial with the potential investigator and learn about the resources that can be deployed there. In this session we describe the objectives of the visit, preparation for it, and its conduct. We set out factors that should be assessed and give examples of the sorts of issues that may arise.
Preparation for trial initiation
When one or more investigational sites are approved by the sponsor, various activities are carried out concurrently in preparation for the start of a trial. In this short session we outline the tasks leading up to site initiation.
Trial initiation at an investigational site
An initiation visit is made to ensure that the participating site is ready for the conduct of the clinical trial and that the relevant personnel have a clear and accurate understanding of how the study is to be conducted. The CRA will review the clinical protocol and procedures with the team, check that all study materials are in place and that facilities and equipment are ready, ensure that the investigator's trial master file is in order, and confirm the monitoring plan and provisions for audit and inspection. We describe the actions that should be carried out.
Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
The module is primarily aimed at those involved in clinical research and development, in particular the monitoring of clinical trials at the investigational site, and those who require an understanding of what this entails. It and its companion module (Course ID: GCP002) provide a comprehensive introduction to the field for new CRAs/monitors, or additional training and professional development for those already working in the field. Clinical trial administrators and study coordinators who require more training in order to enter the wider CRA employment market will also benefit from the module.
Clinical Trial Monitoring: Site Evaluation and Set-up is Included in the Following Professional Certification Program(s):
Clinical Trials Monitoring Professional Certification Program for CRAs
Course ID: GCP00A
Price: $695.00 (USD) | Learn more
Clinical Trials Management (US & EU) Professional Certification Program
Course ID: GCP00A1
Price: $1295.00 (USD) | Learn more
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute: Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules which have been developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge, access to references, case studies, and other important information necessary to assist with learning. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and corporations with their training requirements. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries and companies, and our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs. Today, Biopharma Institute offers over 200 courses training on clinical research, drug manufacturing, regulatory affairs, validation systems, pharmacovigilance, good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP), data integrity, and medical devices.
Employee / Corporate Training: For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our eLearning modules are SCORM-compliant and can be delivered from most corporate learning management systems (LMS). We catering to both small-scale (1-100 students) and large-scale (100+ students) training requests.
Online Training: The Benefits of Remote Learning & eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.