Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 3 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~180 minutes.
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Clinical Trials Management and Monitoring.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $225.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Clinical Trials: Application Process to Conduct FDA-regulated Clinical Trials in USA
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
The Investigational New Drug Application (IND) is a submission through which the sponsor seeks approval from the Food And Drug Administration (FDA) to conduct clinical studies with an investigational drug. This online course will give students who are, or are becoming, regulatory professionals the necessary detail and background required in order to complete and submit, for FDA approval, an IND application. An IND must contain various pieces of information covering areas such as clinical protocol, manufacturing, toxicology, drug distribution, and animal pharmacology. The application is a stepping stone that is crucial, from nonclinical all the way to clinical testing.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 90-day/3-month period (180 day/6-month period for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Biopharma Institute's online training programs include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. Once all training requirements have been satisfied a certification of training has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique certification ID code. The certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion. Professional certification programs additionally include a digital badge to verify training, and can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute
Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules which have been developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge, access to references, case studies, and other important information necessary to assist with learning.
For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, interactive, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our training programs cater to both small-scale (2-100 students) and large-scale (100+ students) training requests. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and corporations with their training requirements. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries and our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs.
Clinical Trials: Application Process to Conduct FDA-regulated Clinical Trials in USA course is included in the following Professional Certification Programs:
An outline of the module's scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
Introduction to Investigational New Drug Applications (INDs)
This session explains the role and legal status of an IND, sets out the contexts in which one must be filed, summarizes the responsibilities of sponsors and investigators, and outlines the pre-submission process.
IND content and format requirements
This session sets out IND contents required by regulations and describes how these are incorporated in a CTD-formatted submission. The significance of the FDA forms 1571 and 1572 are discussed. The major components of an application are outlined: general investigational plan, investigator's brochure, clinical protocol, Quality/CMC information, nonclinical data, and clinical information.
Filing and FDA review
Options and requirements for submission of an IND are set out, and the review procedure and its outcomes are described. The roles of FDA reviewers are outlined. The significance of a clinical hold and the sponsor's response to a hold are discussed.
Maintenance of an IND
This session identifies the various types of IND amendments and reports: protocol amendments, IND safety reports, annual reports, and information amendments. It explains when they need to be made and outlines the regulations that govern them. The responsibilities of sponsors and investigators to report safety findings are described, as are requirements for financial disclosure and record retention.
This session describes the various types of expanded-access use of investigational drugs to treat patients outside of clinical trials and sketches a scenario of emergency use.
Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
Online Training: The Benefits of Remote Learning & eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.