Duration: 0.5 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 0.5
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Genetic Counseling: The Role of a Genetic Counselor
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
Genetic Counseling: The Role of a Genetic Counselor is a course offered at BioPharma Institute and takes the learner through the responsibilities of a genetic counsellor. Students are taught about the most common genetic disorders, and how to handle counselling of clients facing these disorders. The learner also gains information about the technical aspects of the genetic conditions including potential treatment methods and management standards. Common genetic disorders such as hemophilia and sickle cell anemia are examined in detail. At the end of the course, the learner will also be expected to create a pedigree in order to answer questions related to genetic counselling.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
BioPharma Institute provides exceptional online training courses in a wide variety of biological and pharmaceutical fields. The Institute has been in operation for more than two decades and eases the dissemination of providing this education by providing it online. Once enrolled, learners have instant access to all the learning materials they need for the picked course. A wide variety of clients ranging from individuals to large corporate firms have benefitted from our programs in the past, and still do.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Genetic Counseling: The Role of a Genetic Counselor course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
The learner will understand dominant, recessive, and sex-linked human traits and how they are inherited. They will be able to create a pedigree of family history in order to determine likelihood or probabilities of a genetic disease in offspring of 2 known parents.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.