Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Diagnosis
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is a disorder of the intestine that carries no structural lesions or pathophysiological explanations. Between 10 and 20% of the population in developed countries suffer from IBS, with almost 75% of those people reporting symptoms being female. While IBS is a widespread condition, only 20-30% of sufferers consult a doctor. This course describes the clinical features and tests used to diagnose this condition.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Diagnosis course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Rome Criteria
6. Pain, Stool Form, and Bloating
7. Non-colonic Symptoms
8. Progress Check
12. The Barium Enema
13. Stool Specimen Analysis
14. Blood Tests
15. Progress Check
Describe the clinical features of IBS and list the Rome criteria.
Name the differential diagnoses of colitis and other diseases.
Describe how a sigmoidoscopy aids in the diagnosis of IBS.
Explain how a barium enema is used as a negative diagnostic tool.
List the laboratory tests that can detect an underlying organic basis for IBS symptoms.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.