Duration: 0.6 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Overactive Bladder (OAB): Treatment
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. Overactive bladder (OAB) results from involuntary contraction of muscles within the urinary bladder. The three main symptoms of OAB are frequent urination, urgency of urination, and urge incontinence. In the developed world alone, it is estimated that more than 50 million people have an overactive bladder. In this course, you will learn about both pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment options for OAB.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Overactive Bladder (OAB): Treatment course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. Therapeutic Options Overview
6. Bladder Training
7. Behavioral Modification
8. Nerve Stimulation and Surgery
9. Progress Check
11. Anti-muscarinic Drugs
12. Tricyclic Antidepressants
13. Drugs in Development
14. Progress Check
16. Quality of Life Issues
17. Progress Check
Identify four non-pharmacological treatments for OAB.
Describe the process of biofeedback.
Identify three anti-muscarinic drugs and describe what is known about their mechanism of action.
Describe three side effects associated with anti-muscarinics.
List the pharmacotherapy options other than the anti-muscarinics.
Describe five quality of life issues directly related to OAB.
Outline the conclusions of the quality of life analyses.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.