Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $145.00
Training Program: Regulatory Affairs: Preparing Submissions in the Common Technical Document (CTD) Format
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
The CTD is the internationally recognized standard format for submissions to medicines regulatory authorities. Its use is mandatory for all applications in the European Economic Area, required for prescription drugs in Japan and elsewhere, and accepted by a growing number of other national regulators. Use of the electronic version of the CTD is mandatory for applications for marketing approval and all subsequent submissions in the USA. This module explains the rationale for the CTD and provides guidance on its structure and format and the ways in which it is used.
This course discusses the regulatory approval of the Common Technical Document, the use of the Common Technical Document and its structure, and the conversion of other formats to Common Technical Document.
A passing grade of 75% or more is required. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certificate of completion is immediately available. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed in order to achieve a passing grade.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
By employing advanced e-learning training techniques, and coupling them with new automated tracking systems, the BioPharma Institute provides professionally designed online courses which are effective at training, and assist those interested with advancing their careers. The BioPharma Institute also assists companies through maintaining training records, the education of their employees, and assisting them with improving their overall quality of service.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Regulatory Affairs: Preparing Submissions in the Common Technical Document (CTD) Format course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
Introduction - This session introduces you to the nature of the Common Technical Document (CTD), a global standard designed by the ICH (International Council for Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use). The composition of a regulatory submission team is outlined.
High-level structure - In this session you will become more familiar with the five modules of the CTD.
Fine structure and format - You will be given access to guidelines that specify in detail the structure of each module of the CTD and the relationship between their sections and the documents that make up a dossier. Recommendations are also given on how to segregate and paginate documents and how to format pages, tables of contents and cross-references.
Using the CTD - Different ways in which you can use the CTD in practice are described. Production of a CTD dossier in both paper and electronic format is outlined.
Conversion tools - Two tools allow you to convert section headings in the old EU NTA format or the US NDA format to their equivalents in the CTD.
Assessment - Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module? Regulatory affairs and compliance staff, and all those involved in drug development and who contribute to regulatory submissions, will find the module an invaluable introductory training course and/or a useful reference tool. Specialists in data handling, knowledge management or documentation will also wish to familiarize themselves with its contents.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.