Enrollment Period: 12 months (1 year).
Average Learning Time: ~12 - 18 hours.
Additional Resources: Supplemental materials/activities.
Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Accessibility: 24/7 access to all program materials.
Courses: Program includes 8 individual courses (see courses).
Outline/Syllabus: See individual course pages for outlines.
Digital Badge: Issued upon completion.
Post-nominal Letters: RAPro™.
Catalog: Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Demonstration: Five (5) free trial courses are available.
Group/Employee Training: Click here to request a quote.
Final Assessment: Multiple choice; unlimited attempts.
Certificate: PDF with validation code (See sample).
Price: $1295.00 USD
Document your dedication to compliance, safety, and job performance by earning a professional certification.Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Outline/Syllabus: See individual course pages for outline.
The US Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Professional Certification Program describes the essential requirements for obtaining approval to market a new drug in the USA, the 'NDA Process'.The program describes preparing submissions using the Common Technical Document (CTD) Form and requirements for obtaining approval of human medicinal products in the US.
This course addresses characteristic issues influencing the registration of medicinal products based on monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), for use in humans. Regulatory requirements for the registration of biological medicinal products, such as those based on mAbs, differ in certain respects from those for small-molecule products. This is because of the distinct characteristics of biologics, such as complex structure and susceptibility to variation during manufacture.
In this program, we focus on distinctive issues in the production and testing of mAbs, in the context of relevant regulatory guidance. We discuss manufacturing quality, nonclinical, and clinical issues. We address aspects specific to radiolabelled mAbs. Finally, we identify the pathways for applications to conduct clinical trials and to market mAb-based products in Europe and the USA.
Procedures for making regulatory submissions for monoclonal antibodies are discussed, such as the marketing authorization application through the CP (Centralized Procedure) in Europe, and by a BLA (Biologics License Application) in the USA. Orphan drug status and its effect on clinical design are also covered. The course addresses the impact of recent developments in production techniques on the regulatory landscape, and will serve as a good source of reference all developments in the future and their practical consequences.
The regulation of biological medicinal products is governed by different laws from those that apply to small-molecule synthetic drugs. Producing faithful copies of therapeutic proteins is more challenging than producing generic drugs. The US legal framework for the licensure of follow-on biologics, and accompanying regulatory guidance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have been established only in recent years. This program will describe the provisions of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act, identify criteria for licensing a follow-on biologic as 'biosimilar' or 'interchangeable', specify periods of market exclusivity that apply, and discuss patent infringement issues.
Finally, we describe the provisions of the Biosimilar User Fee Act, which authorizes the FDA to collect fees from follow-on biologics sponsors, to support review activities.
Courses included in this program are: 1) Essentials for Human Medicinal Products; 2) Orphan Drug Application; 3) How to Gain Approval to Market Generic Drugs in the US; 4) Submitting a New Drug Application (NDA) to Obtain Approval to Market in the US; 5) Preparing Submissions in the Common Technical Document (CTD) Format; 6) Electronic Common Technical Document (eCTD); 7) The Regulatory Pathway to Licensing Follow-on Biologics (Biosimilars) in the USA; and 8) Registration of Drugs Based on Monoclonal Antibodies.
US Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Professional Certification Program includes these 8 individual courses:
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessments for each course within a 12-month period. Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying the requirements.
Biopharma Institute certificates and digital badges include the date of completion, but do not have an expiration date. However, compliance training is typically considered valid for a period of 3 years. Many organizations suggest that compliance training should be refreshed at least every three years to stay up to date with regulations, standards, guidelines, and to reinforce the importance of maintaining compliance. The validity or recertification period for employee compliance training would be determined by those responsible for managing quality within the company.
Biopharma Institute's online training courses include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into any program or course. Students may attempt the final assessments any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score.
Once all training requirements have been satisfied a professional certification has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique ID code located on the certificate. The professional certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format.
Additionally, once the student has completed the professional certification program, a digital badge is issued. The digital badge documents all the courses taken and completed within the program, to further validate the student's achievement. Digital badges can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Badgr, and others, to display the accomplishment.
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute: Throughout the online training courses students will be engaging in active learning using interactive eLearning modules developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge. Furthermore, students will be provided with access to references, the regulatory guidelines, case studies, and other important information necessary to gain a professional understanding for the discipline.
Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and their corporate employers with attaining their training requirements. Our courses are developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) in the topic of study and have all been validated and/or accredited by a neutral 3rd party. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by regulators and companies in a wide range of industries around the world.
Biopharma Institute has training solutions which are customizable to any organization's training needs. We aim to provide only the highest quality of training, which is current, engaging, effective, and easy to navigate.
Today, Biopharma Institute has over 200+ courses in its catalog. These courses train on clinical trials, drug manufacturing, regulatory affairs, validation systems, drug safety, pharmacovigilance, good laboratory practice, and data integrity; all within the medical device, clinical research, and pharmaceutical industries.
Employee / Corporate Training: For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our eLearning modules are SCORM-compliant and can be delivered from most corporate learning management systems (LMS). We catering to both small and large-scale training requests.
Benefits of Training with Biopharma Institute
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 6 months and 1 year for professional certification programs.
- Expertise: All courses have been developed by subject matter experts (SMEs) in the area of material being taught.
- Current and validated: All courses are current with respect to regulations and procedures, and are 3rd party validated and/or accredited.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voiceovers, easy navigation, case studies, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for malware to deliver optimal level of security and performance.
- Training manager access: Our proprietary Training Manager Portal offers managers access to download their group enrollments, training records, account balance, and so much more.
- Purchase orders (POs): If issuing a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses. Check your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessments include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to your career and job performance. They may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all professional certification programs.