Method of Training: Online / Self-paced eLearning.Credits: 3 CPD Credits.
Duration: ~180 minutes.
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $225.00
Document a dedication to your career and job performance by earning a training certification from Biopharma Institute.Training Program: Regulatory Affairs: How to Gain Approval to Market Generic Drugs in the US
Training Provided By: Biopharma Institute
Schedule: Self-paced. Immediate access to training materials upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
This course outlines the legislative and regulatory context for the development of generic drugs and describes the essential role of the Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) in gaining marketing approval. The use of information in the 'Orange Book' is explained, as is the role of patent certification in the application. The importance of establishing bioequivalence between a generic and its reference product is emphasized. The module specifies the content and format requirements for an ANDA submission and describes the FDA's review and approval process. An outline is given of the Generic Drug User Fee Amendments (GDUFA) and the law's effects on industry players.
This course includes sections regarding bioequivalence, the Orange Book, the review and approval processes of ANDA, ANDA submission, patent certification, ANDA and generic drugs, and a regulatory overview.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment within a 90-day/3-month period (180 day/6-month period for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate of completion is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
Biopharma Institute's online training programs include immediate access after enrollment. Username, password, and instructions are emailed to the student following enrollment into the program. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, to achieve a passing score. Once all training requirements have been satisfied a certification of training has been achieved and can be verified immediately from our website using a unique certification ID code. The certificate of completion is also instantaneously launched and made available to the student in a PDF format upon completion. Professional certification programs additionally include a digital badge to verify training, and can be displayed on social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.
Benefits of Being Certified from Biopharma Institute
Throughout many of our online training programs students will be engaging in active learning through the use of interactive eLearning modules which have been developed to promote the retaining of key knowledge, access to references, case studies, and other important information necessary to assist with learning.
For corporations seeking a method to train employees, economically, without having to set aside time for travel, webinars, or live, in-person training, Biopharma Institute is the training partner you can rely on. Our training provides an effective, engaging, interactive, self-paced learning experience which fits conveniently into the day-to-day activities of most types of learners. Our training programs cater to both small-scale (2-100 students) and large-scale (100+ students) training requests. Since 2003, Biopharma Institute has been aiding both professionals and corporations with their training requirements. Biopharma Institute certifications are recognized by a wide spectrum of industries and our training solutions are customizable to any organization's training needs.
Regulatory Affairs: How to Gain Approval to Market Generic Drugs in the US course is included in the following Professional Certification Programs:
Module overview - An outline of the module's scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
Generic Drugs and the ANDA - An overview of the legislative and regulatory context for the development and approval of generic drugs, particularly the Hatch-Waxman Act; a summary of the criteria for therapeutic equivalence of drugs; obtaining guidance from the FDA; controlled correspondence.
Patent certification - The role of patent certification in an ANDA submission, the different types of certification, what happens when a patent is challenged, and the circumstances under which marketing exclusivity may be afforded to a generics sponsor.
The Orange Book - The use of the Orange Book in generic drug development, the format and content of the Book's listings, and how to extract information for an ANDA.
Bioequivalence - The crucial importance of establishing bioequivalence with a reference listed drug; tests of bioavailability and bioequivalence; the statistical criteria for bioequivalence; waivers of in-vivo studies.
ANDA compilation and submission - Planning and managing an ANDA project; regulatory requirements on content and format; quality (CMC), labeling, and bioequivalence information; submitting an ANDA to the FDA's Office of Generic Drugs.
ANDA review and approval - The process of review by the FDA; review duration and success rate; communication between applicant and FDA; expedited review; petitions; amendments and easily correctable deficiencies; outcomes of review, and the applicant's options in response to those outcomes.
The Generic Drugs User Fee Amendments - The types of fees that the generics industry must now pay to the FDA; requirements for self-identification of generics industry players; the FDA's performance goals for review and inspection; changes brought about by GDUFA II.
Assessment - Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this course?
This module will benefit staff working in regulatory affairs, medical affairs, clinical development, quality/CMC, analytical methods, and quality assurance departments, and other personnel who contribute to the development and registration of generic drugs.
Online Training: The Benefits of Remote Learning & eLearning
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password, and receipt of payment are emailed instantly upon online enrollment.
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter.
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days, and for professional certification programs for 180 days.
- Flexible final assessments: Assessment testing include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved.
- Direct access to certificates: Certificate of completion is instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled.
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and digital badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs.
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's training reimbursement policy.
- Financial assistance: Payment plans are available to those who qualify. These are offered when paying electronic invoices, online. You must first request an invoice to be considered. Alternatively, purchasing individual courses one at a time is also an option.
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If a PO is required by your company, request an invoice to start the procurement process.
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems.
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS provide an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance.
- Career advancement: Professional certifications help demonstrate your interest and dedication to job performance, and may be helpful for those seeking a new career or transitioning to different positions within their organization.