Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $195.00
Training Program: Regulatory Affairs: Essentials for Human Medicinal Products - EU and US
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
This foundation-level training program is the ideal introduction for entrants new to the field of pharmaceutical compliance and regulatory affairs. It describes the principal requirements needed in order to maintain and gain approval to market medicinal products in Europe and the USA. The roles of major players and legal framework are presented.
Also outlined is the life-cycle of a drug. The multiple procedures available for approval and assessment of products are described, and their requirements are discussed. Obligations which need to be filled for post-marketing approval are outlined. As changes to procedures and regulations occur, the module is updated, and therefore, serves as a good reference tool allowing not only experienced but new users to stay updated with the broader picture of the environment of regulatory affairs.
The entire program must be viewed by students in order to pass. An online, multiple-choice final assessment score of 75% or better is required. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, in order to achieve a passing grade. Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certificate of completion is immediately available.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
By employing advanced e-learning training techniques, and coupling them with new automated tracking systems, the BioPharma Institute provides professionally designed online courses which are effective at training, and assist those interested with advancing their careers. The BioPharma Institute also assists companies through maintaining training records, the education of their employees, and assisting them with improving their overall quality of service.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Regulatory Affairs: Essentials for Human Medicinal Products - EU and US course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
Regulatory affairs primer
This session gives a definition of regulatory affairs and outlines the function and evolution of regulation in the pharmaceutical industry as well as providing a source of key legislation and guidelines. National and international regulatory authorities are introduced including the legal frameworks in the USA and EU.
The life-cycle of a drug
This session looks at the main differences between types of medicinal products, outlines the discovery phase and nonclinical studies and gives a basic introduction to Good Laboratory Practice. It also identifies the four phases of clinical development and introduces some of the special difficulties associated with pediatric trials.
Registering a drug
This session looks at the regulatory requirements during the nonclinical studies phase as well as the salient points of Good Clinical Practice. It also introduces the regulatory processes involved in gaining marketing authorization in the EU and the USA. The session also introduces the learner to orphan drugs, line extensions, generics, naming conventions and compassionate use.
After marketing approval
This session explores post-marketing approval activities, including variations and supplements, line extensions and pharmacovigilance, GMP, basic patent law in the EU and USA, marketing issues, advertising and generics.
Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module?
All staff in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries who are inexperienced in regulatory affairs and compliance will find the module an invaluable introductory training course. More experienced personnel will find it a useful reference tool. It will also be of benefit to healthcare professionals who contribute to the development of medicinal products.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.