Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Catalog: Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
PRICE: USD $145.00
Training Program: Regulatory Affairs: Essentials of Monoclonal Antibodies
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment.
Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs for short) are the leading products of biotechnology. Drugs based on mAbs dominate the list of top-selling medicines worldwide. In addition, mAbs have many uses in medical diagnosis, in laboratory analysis, and in the biotechnology industry itself.
This module will introduce you to monoclonal antibodies, explaining how they work, how they are made, and the many uses to which they are put.
Once all course requirements have been satisfied, a certificate of completion is immediately available. Course takers can attempt the final assessment any number of times, as needed, in order to achieve a passing grade of 75% or better.
Benefits of Getting Certified at BioPharma Institute
By employing advanced e-learning training techniques, and coupling them with new automated tracking systems, the BioPharma Institute provides professionally designed online courses which are effective at training, and assist those interested with advancing their careers. The BioPharma Institute also assists companies through maintaining training records, the education of their employees, and assisting them with improving their overall quality of service.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Regulatory Affairs: Essentials of Monoclonal Antibodies course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
Module overview - An outline of the module's scope and objectives, and notes on terminology.
Structure and functions of antobodies - In this session we discuss the role of natural antibodies and outline how the dream of creating 'magic bullets' to fight disease has been realised. We identify the structural components of antibodies and describe their actions. We distinguish types of monoclonal antibody by their non-human and human components. Finally, we sketch how some therapeutic mAbs can be linked to cell-killing agents to increase their effectiveness against cancer.
Production of mAbs - Production of a mAb proceeds from the generation of a cell line possessing the mAb's gene sequence, through bulk cell culture, to isolation and purification of the antibody. In this session we describe options for generation of the cell line, we outline the downstream production processes, and we identify important issues for the assurance of product quality.
Uses of mAbs - In this session we describe the wide range of uses for mAbs in laboratory analysis, in-vivo diagnosis and therapy, and purification in the biotechnology industry. We give examples of mAb products in each category of application.
Assessment - Multiple-choice mastery assessment.
Who will benefit from this module? This module will benefit anyone educated in science to high school level or beyond who wants an introduction to the basics of monoclonal antibodies.
Objectives - Describe the structure and function of antibodies in the body - Distinguish types of monoclonal antibody by their source and constitution - Outline important factors in the production of mAbs - Identify major uses of mAbs
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Tuition reimbursement: Some employers may reimburse for training expenses; check on your company's requirements
- Purchase orders (POs) accepted: If POs are required, request an invoice to start the procurement process
- Corporate LMS compatibility: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications could be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.