Duration: 0.9 hours, Online (the average time to complete the training program, including final assessments).Credits Hours: 1
Self-paced Training: 24/7 access to course.
Enrollment Period: 3 months.
Demonstration: Try one of our FREE courses.
Certificate: View sample certificate.
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE.
Contact the BioPharma Institute for more information.
Training Program: Proteomics
Training Provided By: BioPharma Institute
Availability: Immediately available upon ordering.
Description: Online training with immediate access upon enrollment. The full set of proteins encoded by a genome is called a proteome. The study of proteomes, termed proteomics, entails cataloging proteins, establishing their functional roles, defining protein-protein interactions in metabolic or signaling pathways, and identifying proteins associated with disease. This course provides an overview of proteomics and related applications.
Certification Requirements: Students must view the entire program and successfully pass an online, multiple-choice final assessment with >80% passing grade within a 90 day period of time (180 days for Professional Certification Programs). Certificate is accessible in PDF format immediately after satisfying requirements.
The Proteomics course is found in the following professional certification program(s):
1. Course Information
2. Interface Tour
3. Course Overview
5. The Central Dogma
6. Protein Structure and Function
7. Proteome and Proteomics: Definition
8. Progress Check
PROTEIN SEPARATION AND PURIFICATION
11. 2-D Electrophoresis
14. Progress Check
IDENTIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION
16. Chemical Sequencing (Edman Degradation)
17. Mass Spectrometry
18. MALDI-TOF Peptide Mass Fingerprinting
19. Protein and Antibody Arrays
20. Databases and Software
21. Progress Check
23. 2-Hybrid Systems
24. Phage Display
25. Progress Check
Describe the basic structures and functions of DNA, RNA, and proteins.
Explain the Central Dogma.
List the steps involved in translating RNA to protein.
Describe the different post-translational modifications that occur in proteins.
Define SDS-PAGE, IEF, and DIGE.
Explain how electrophoresis techniques utilize size and charge to separate proteins.
Correlate 5 chromatographic methods with different sample types.
Describe 2 methods for profiling proteins.
Explain how protein sequencing is performed.
Discuss 2 methods for sequencing proteins.
Explain the concept of protein chips and arrays.
Identify 3 categories of databases used to store and analyze proteomics information.
Explain the concept of 2-hybrid systems.
List 2 types of `prey` and `bait` in 2-hybrid systems.
Describe how phage display is used.
Online Training Program Benefits:
- Immediate access to training: Instructions, username, password and receipt of payment emailed instantly upon online enrollment
- Optimized for learning: Courses include voice-overs, easy navigation, progress checks, and high-quality animations to increase retention of subject matter
- Self-paced courses: 24/7 access to individual courses for 90 days; and 180 days for professional certification programs
- Flexible final assessments: Tests include multiple-choice questions and can be taken repeatedly until a passing score is achieved
- Direct access to certificates: Documentation instantly available once course requirements have been fulfilled
- Verification of training: Certificates can be verified online, and electronic badges are issued for all Professional Certification programs
- Corporate reimbursements: Employers may pay for or reimburse employees for training. Purchase orders (POs) for both individual and group training are accepted
- Corporate LMS solutions: All courses are SCORM compliant and can be delivered from most corporate Learning Management Systems
- Secure and safe access: Website and LMS offer an encrypted connection with firewall protection and daily scans for optimal level of security and performance
- Career advancement: Professional certifications may be helpful for those seeking new careers or transitioning to different positions within their organization
For more information on the BioPharma Institute's training programs, or to suggest a course, please complete the form located below. Alternatively, you may call toll free in the US: (888) 4-BIO-LRN, international callers can dial (201) 301-8370, or email Support@BioPharmaInstitute.com.